Drs. Hummon and Gebeck are accredited orthodontists. This means that they are dental specialists who have completed an advanced post-doctoral course, accredited by the American Dental Association, of at least two academic years in the specialty of orthodontics.
Drs. Hummon and Gebeck are dedicated to creating outstanding results for their patients, using the latest technology available.
Dr. Gregory A. Hummon D.D.S, M.S.
- Diplomate: American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow: Charles H. Tweed Foundation
- DDS: University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- MS: Orthodontics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- BA: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Member: American Association of Orthodontists, Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists, Michigan Association of Orthodontists (President, 2006-7), American Dental Association, Michigan Dental Association, Oakland County Dental Society, American Board of Orthodontics College of Diplomates
"The most fulfilling aspect of an orthodontist is being able to work with kids. They are great patients, and I enjoy spending time with them and their parents. I also feel strongly that it is important to spend the time to thoroughly explain each step of the treatment, the research that supports my recommendation and how we can work together as a team to achieve the goals for treatment. Good orthodontics is about setting goals and following a plan to achieve them, and I've found that the best results come from teamwork. This is a vital concept that I take to heart in my practice and emphasize still to both future and practicing orthodontists in my role as an instructor at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and the Charles H. Tweed Foundation.
Another goal of mine throughout my 15 years as an orthodontist has been to provide the best experience possible for every child or adult in my career. Each individual presents a unique set of circumstances and, therefore, an interesting challenge. Yet, I am confident in the outset that treatment outcomes will be excellent. That's because I know the rapport I'm able to build with patients and the high degree of personal care this practice provides leads to consistently outstanding orthodontic results."
When Dr. Hummon isn't crafting beautiful smiles, you can find him spending time with his wife and three children. He is also very involved in his church as a member of its Board of Trustees, as a former high-school youth leader and in the church's community outreach activities.