I am passionate about the positive change that I see during my patients’ treatment. I understand that so many of my patients are held back by the fact that they do not think their smile is acceptable to others. I love when I see their confidence grow as the treatment progresses.
As a team, we are dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for our patients. From the moment they walk into the office, they will feel like they belong to a special place. We treat our patients how we would like to be treated—like family!
Education and Experience
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery: University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- Master of Science: Orthodontics, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Bachelor of Science: Natural Sciences, St. John's University, Collegeville, MN
I receive extensive continuing education through local and national dental and orthodontic meetings. I also teach at the University of Michigan and the Charles H. Tweed foundation’s orthodontic course, which keeps me on top of all the latest technology and advances in orthodontics.
Dr. Hummon and I pride ourselves on using the latest technology to provide the best experience for our patients. We have eliminated the need for most goopy impressions by having two intraoral scanners that scan the teeth for our study models and our retainers. We also recently incorporated a 3D printer to create models without using fragile and messy plaster.
- Diplomate: American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow: Charles H. Tweed Foundation
- Michigan Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Oakland County Dental Society (President, 2006-7)
- American Board of Orthodontics College of Diplomates
Outside the Office
My wife Deanna is a hairstylist and also takes care of our three kids. People joke that we specialize in working from the shoulders up! We have two girls, Katherine and Julia, and a boy named Tommy. We also have a black lab named Diesel and a miniature longhaired dachshund named Stella who is super cute.
When I’m not in the office, I like to spend time outdoors. We live by Lake St. Clair and if I am not in the water, I am at trying to get there. If it is cold, I try to get on a mountain and do some skiing. Most of all, I also like to be with my kids at their sporting events—hockey, lacrosse, golf, and soccer to name a few.