Orthodontics is so rewarding because I get to interact with so many kids, and they are a whole lot of fun to work and hang out with! I love keeping up with what they are doing in their day-to-day lives—from work to school, the vacations they take, what teams they play for, and the milestones they make in their lives. We revel in their successes and feel their sorrow during their difficult times as well.
Good orthodontics is about setting goals and following a plan to achieve them, and I’ve found that the best results come from teamwork. This is a vital concept that we all take to heart in our practice. I’ve been blessed with a dedicated team of people who all share the philosophy that all patients deserve our time and undivided attention.
Education and Experience
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery: University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- Master of Science: Orthodontics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI
- Bachelor of Arts: Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
I participate in various orthodontic continuing education courses throughout the year regarding digital technology enhancements for our practice, as well as the latest in treatment methods. As an office, we strive to stay ahead of new treatments and digital enhancements to make our patients more comfortable with their care and treatment results.
I’ve also held faculty positions as a Clinical instructor Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry at the University Of Michigan School Of Dentistry for the past 26 years and a Clinical instructor at the Charles H. Tweed International Foundation for Orthodontic Research and Education for 13 years. These teaching positions allow me to constantly verify my treatment planning and delivery skills with residents and highly skilled faculty from the University of Michigan and around the world.
- Diplomate: American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow: Charles H. Tweed Foundation
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Michigan Association of Orthodontists (President, 2006-7)
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Oakland County Dental Society
- American Board of Orthodontics College of Diplomates
Outside the Office
I grew up in Lathrup Village and currently live in Bloomfield Hills. My wife Maureen and I have been married for nearly 15 years and we have three children, Max, Gabe, and Melanie. We have lots of pets including three dogs, a snake, a bearded dragon, two fish, and several birds. It’s a veritable zoo that we and the kids love.
When I’m not in the office, I can be found at one of the local and not so local ice rinks watching my kids practice or play games as all three play for local teams. When there are no sports to go to, we can be at home spending time fishing and playing on our trampoline raft in the lake.